Tuesday, April 24, 2007

WOW! TIME REALLY FLIES WHEN YOU'RE ENJOYING YOUR HAIR


I can't believe it has been four months already! I also can't believe I have'nt updated my blog since February. Well, a lot has happened since February. First, in March my son graduated from the Louisiana National Guard Youth Challenge Program, has a good job, and he contributed in purchasing his first truck. He is 17 years old. I am so very proud of him. Next, my daughter ran in her first track meet with the junior high team, and made Cheerleader. She is 11 years old. The school she attends is 72% white. This should let you know how proud of her I am. Then, my husband and I celebrated our birthdays on April 13. Yes, thats right our birth dates are the same. We are four years apart though. I am 40 years young and loving every minute of it. Finally, My hair is starting to change right before my eyes. I have been noticing the curls on the ends of each lock and the texture of the locks. And the compliments have really been coming! Heck, I compliment myself every darn morning too. Most of the compliments are coming from my white co-workers. Everyone says my hair is really growing. I think it is growing too, but I can't see anything dramatic. You know how it is when you look at yourself in the mirror everyday. Tell me what you think about my hair. I love honest opinions and advice. Oh yea, my daughter has about 3-4 if not more inches of new growth. She is being very patient while waiting for her locks.

6 comments:

N'Drea ~ the Storyteller said...

Hi. I love your honesty, and I'm so glad you've come into your own regarding who you are. More power to you. Your locks are really doing well. I can't wait to see them when they have matured and grown longer. Isn't it wonderful and liberating to have Sisterlocks? Keep on posting.

still waters said...

happy birthday to you!!! when I checked in and saw your pics I thought no am I seeing right I went back to look at when you first put them in your hair is GROWING like weeds!!! (: boodiful

one love still
ps congrats proud mom (:

Quietspirit said...

Your hair looks great! It's coming along nicely. Don't you just love easy hair. You have a lovely family and every right to be proud.

Creyole said...

Happy 40th!!! Girl you don't look a day over 30....

See ya soon and we'll have to celebrate the new turning of a leaf.

Anonymous said...

Hey there! Your hair is doing fantastic and I am telling the truth when I say it makes you look younger.

Your family is indeed beautiful and doing wonderful things. May the blessing continue to pour in.

I can't wait to see your daughters locks...will Creyole start those for her?

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a lot of wonderful experiences have been occurring in your life... I'm happy to hear it!!!! Your hair is coming along wonderfully!