Saturday, May 26, 2007

Five months later



Here I am five months later (click on pics for larger view) and I am really beginning to see changes in my hair. I am very pleased with the results thus far and I know my locks will only get better. I have been maintaining my hair myself (with the advice from my sister Creyole of coarse). Using the nappy lock tool is very easy for me. Once I got my routine going there was no looking back. The size my locks are turning out to be is just perfect for me. I left all that up to Creyole when she was installing them. I can always depend on her. For one thing I don't think I would have been able to do a good job tightening them if they had been any smaller. As you can see from my pictures my hair is very thick, and is beginning to get some length. It feels spongy and springy. Sometimes after I was my hair the ends seem to get a little wild, but I don't panic I just twist the ends gently with my fingers and they fall right back into place. If I had to give anyone advice on wearing locks it would be to just relax and enjoy your natural hair, because I can say for myself that my hair is enjoying being natural. This is one of the best things I have ever done for myself. If by chance I make a mistake while tightening my locks I just say,"Oh Well, I'll just have to wait till more new growth comes and do it right next time. " I promise you your new growth will come in fast. Yes, wearing locks is a lifestyle, but only if you don't mind being laid back or carefree will you love this life style. One has to also know who they are in order to enjoy wearing locks. Being unhappy with oneself, wanting to look like someone else, or longing to have a hair type that one was not born with are all obstacles one must over come before being locked. As for me, I love me. Thank you Jesus for me just as I am! I absolutely love my hair. Thanks again Sis.

12 comments:

Creyole said...

Wow! Those little babies are taking off. I'm already missing the spikes you wore in the beginning and but they are still looking nice and healthy!

Thanks for the update, hey, tell my brother out-law (lol) I said hello and hugs to my niece and nephew!

Love ya!
Creyole

Goodnapps said...

Wow - 5 months already. Time sure does fly by fast. Your locks are growing and looking so good.

Keep up the good work.

Alise M. said...

MrsDee,
Your photos are too cute. The length of your locks at this stage is so flattering on you. I love your attitude towards your locks. It is very similar to mine. We all just need to sit back and enjoy the ride. Happy locking!

Alise

Muse said...

your locks are looking lovely!!! and i just love the gray girl!! what a sight to behold when they get even longer....they will be stunning no doubt!

Sis. RJQueen10 said...

Wow! Your hair is coming along absolutely lovely. I especially love this part of your blog:

"Yes, wearing locks is a lifestyle, but only if you don't mind being laid back or carefree will you love this life style. One has to also know who they are in order to enjoy wearing locks. Being unhappy with oneself, wanting to look like someone else, or longing to have a hair type that one was not born with are all obstacles one must over come before being locked. As for me, I love me. Thank you Jesus for me just as I am!"

This is great information, advice, wisdom, that is real, it is positive, it is empowering, and it needs to be stated! Thanks for being the first one I read here in blogland to say it!

Sis. RJQueen10

Anonymous said...

I have to agree with Alise the length is ultra flattering on you and I adore your salt and pepper.
Keep up the good work and the good advice!

Anonymous said...

You Go Girl!!! Your hair is growing so fast and it's so thick!!!

I agree with people having to be happy with themselves before locking. We all go through the awkward stage, even those who started out with a great deal of length. I still feel like I'm going through an awkward stage with my hair and I LOVE it! Makes me aware of how comfortable I am with myself.

Your Hair Looks Great!!!!

Valenciajaz said...

Hi, MrsDee. Your hair is coming along nicely. I clicked to make your pics bigger and I asked my self is the girl rockin make up too? Lookin good girl. Keep doin whatcha doin.

Goodnapps said...

Tag, you're it. Please share 7 lovely facts about yourself with us.

Anonymous said...

Mrs. Dee. Your crown is gorgeous. I love the wisdom you wear in it. BTW, You have been tagged by me. I can't believe you have not tagged before. Please visit my blog to get the instructions @ http://1fantasticvoyage.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Your locks have grown so much. I just love those sisterlocks!

CarmenNC said...

Thank you for stopping by my blog. I'll make sure I'll keep it extra PG rated since I have young ones laughing at my experiences. Your hair looks wonderful.